Is it waterproof?
- No. The WatchPhone cannot be submerged in water or used in a shower. However, it is rated to be splash proof which means it is safe to run it under the tap or use it for sports.
Is it Wifi enabled?
- Yes, the watch phone does not have Wifi capabilities. But that is used only for GPS tracking purpose.
Why does it not charge up to 100%?
- As we are using a magnetic dock to charge your watch phone, there are times where it is not placed properly. You will know that it is charging when you see a red battery icon with the word charging below it. Leave the watch phone turned on and charge. Turning it off might not charge the phone.
What SIM cards does it work with?
- The WatchPhone only works with MicroSim card. If you have a NanoSim or Normal Sim card, it can also be fitted in as long as if you use an adaptor.
What network does it work with?
- Only 3G network is compatible. If your Sim card has both 3G and 4G, the WatchPhone will automatically connect to the 3G network. However, if your Sim card only has 4G network, the WatchPhone will not be able to function as intended. Please check with your service provider to verify.
What is the supported GSM band?
- Our WatchPhone supports the following GSM bands: 900/ 1800/ 850/ 1900MHz. Supported WCDMA band: 2100MHz. Do refer to the following website to look for a suitable service provider in your country: http://www.worldtimezone.com/gsm.html
- We do not support 4G/ LTE.
How is it a fitness device?
- Technological advancement means kids are using tablets and mobile phones more which leads to more sitting. We want to keep them active while helping them embrace technology. To do so, we have applied a step counter function within the WatchPhone. With a reward system, we may have found the perfect formula to encourage kids to cultivate a healthy lifestyle. Parents are able to remotely monitor and set goals for your child via our mobile phone App.
How does the SOS button work?
- In times of emergency, it is crucial to be able to respond to it immediately. That is why we have prioritized a dedicated button for an emergency. Once the emergency button is activated, a 30s voice recording will be sent to the linked mobile phones and an SOS alarm will be sound.
What is Geofencing security?
- The geofence is a way of setting a type of boundary. You can set a perimeter to a location and if they wander outside that boundary it will notify you immediately. It's all about safety.
How do messaging works?
- The messaging system is a unique communication program developed by our own computer engineers. It allows a child to simply speak into the watch and send a voice message to any device at no additional charge. It's a way of communication to help foster bond between parents and child. It also teaches responsibility by instilling the virtue of regular updates.
- The messaging function can also send specially designed emoticons which quickly and accurately reflect an emotion.
Can I call the WatchPhone and speak in real-time?
- Yes. Each watch has its own phone number that only you control. You can call and message the watch just like calling any other number. The WatchPhone is encrypted for security by only allowing registered numbers to call through the WatchPhone.
Can my child call their friends?
- Yes, they can call any number that you have added and approved to the watches phone book through the app. They cannot add a number; call a number that you have not authorized in the app. Once you have added a number to their phone book they can call and send voice messages. Calls are charged at standard rates however our unique voice messaging system allows your child to simply send a voice message at no charge to any device anywhere.
How easy is it to set-up to use?
- Once you switch on the WatchPhone and downloaded the dedicated app on either iOS or Android, it is an easy set-up process simply by scanning the QR code in the WatchPhone settings. To access the QR code on the WatchPhone, Swipe to the left most icon named Device. Click Device > Scroll down twice to see the QR code. Next, open the WatchPhone App on your smart phone. Click the '+' button in the top right corner > Click on Scan QR Code. You are now paired.
Where do I enter the invitation code that my wife/ husband sent out?
- If the parent sent out an invitation, you will receive an SMS. The invitation code is at the middle of the SMS, right before the link to download the app. Once you downloaded the app, register yourself in the app. In the app, there will be a plus and circle sign at the top right hand corner. Scroll down to "Enter Code" where you fill in the invitation code SMS-ed to you.
How can I track my child's location?
- The WatchPhone location tracking works via its inbuilt GPS and Wifi. It is accurate to 10m while indoor and 30m while outdoor. The WatchPhone automatically lock onto any available wifi and derive its location. You do not need to manually connect to the Wifi band.
- You can decide how often you want to location updates duration based on your preference.
Why does the WatchPhone ask for my PIN Code?
- Some SIM card may be locked. You will require a mobile phone to unlock the SIM card by inserting the locked SIM card into the mobile phone. Please note that different models of phones require different steps to do so. See more here.
Why is my WatchPhone battery draining so quickly?
- Two major contributors to high battery consumption are the  screen-on time  GPS reporting frequency. We highly recommend setting the WatchPhone GPS location reporting to every 60 minutes. To do so, open the Watchphone App on your mobile phone (note: only the admin mobile phone can edit this setting), click on the Settings button > Tracking Mode > Power Saving > Select your Tracking period > Save.
Why is my WatchPhone always in the Detecting Sim Card screen?
- Your SIM card may not have been detected by the WatchPhone. Please remove your SIM card, turn off the device, reinsert the SIM card and turn on the WatchPhone. It could also mean that your SIM card service is not compatible with the WatchPhone. WatchPhone only works with 2G and 3G networks.
Why is my WatchPhone always in the Searching screen?
- When the Searching screen appears, WatchPhone has already detected your SIM card. However, it is having trouble connecting to the satellite. Please check that your SIM card is running on a valid service provider. If you are using a pre-paid SIM card, please ensure there are sufficient credits for data and voice calls. WatchPhone only works with 2G and 3G networks.
How do I appoint another smart phone as the admin phone?
- Only the nominated admin phone will have access to more features due to security reasons. To nominate another mobile phone, the current admin phone will have to be unpaired first. Open WatchPhone App > Settings > Unbind.
Why am I unable to call the WatchPhone?
- The SIM card used in the WatchPhone must have Caller ID enabled due to security reasons. The WatchPhone uses the Caller ID to determine whether the caller is on the safe list.
- Besides the admin phone, all other numbers must be added into the Family Members list in order to call the WatchPhone. To do so, open WatchPhone App > Settings > Family Members > Click on top right corner > Add Contact.